Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nouveau Mangy Elephants

So, here are my new elephants I have been working on. My plan has been to sort of redesign my Mangy Menagerie plushies...just because I am ready to work on new designs and tired of the same old. I was ready for something with more dimension, a little more embellishment...I did the blue one first and proportions were all off--body too big relative to the size of the head (although it does make for a nice and mushy elephant that would be lovely for cuddling--check out that sweet jelly belly of his) I rescaled my design and above is the result. I think they are kind of jolie-laide.
They are made from thrifted and reclaimed felted wool sweaters, stuffed with eco-craft fiberfill (made from corn) and wool scraps, and embellished with button eyes and colorful felted wool polka dots stitched on in a swirly sorta pattern
I have several other new animal designs I am working out--a dog, a giraffe, a crocodile, and I think a pig for good measure. I will be selling a couple of these at the No Coast Craft O'Rama Dec 5&6, and one of these will go into my Etsy shop when I do my update.
Still wanna see more? More photos of the elephants here.


Nichol Brinkman said...

These guys are adorable!

PumpkinGirl said...

So so so cute!! Can't wait to see them in person!

Puglette said...

so sweet! I love the squishy blue one. Very nice work. :o)