Monday, March 16, 2009

Cute as a Button

I have been thinking spring and flowers and sunshine lately and I wanted to make something that would reflect these lighter thoughts, something PRETTY. So, I decided to make some lovely little sets of barrettes adorned with vintage buttons. I have to admit--all modesty chucked aside--I am really, really happy with how they turned out. There is just something about working with vintage buttons that makes me feel all happy and shiny inside. And I managed to incorporate one of my brand new stamps from Norajane--this sweet little button stamp. And furthermore, on a whim, I picked up this paper punch at Target that rounds the corners of documents--it was total impulse purchase because it was on sale (of course, half of what I buy at Target is total impulse...they should make a pill to cure that)--and now I feel justified having bought it because I used it on the corners of the cards for the barrettes (and I LOVE the look--and am already wondering how else I can put it to use...recipe cards, calling cards, postcards...). I have packaged the barrettes three to set--all will come pinned to their own little card that reads Cute as a Button. I think they would make a sweet little gift in an Easter basket--or just a nice little gift to give as a token inspired by the shift in seasons. I will be putting these up for sale in my Etsy shop later today. Happy spring!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jones said...

The hair clips are so lovely, especially the one that have leaves, and the packaging is delightful! It's just a shame little boys can't wear them....!