Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Little Color: Guerilla Art

Phone Booth ala Afghan: by Knit the City
The world needs more guerilla art, don't you think?  It just makes me happy when I think about coming across any of these little numbers.  I think I may need to start a guerilla art movement of my own some day because you should be the change you want to see in the world and all that.   Whatever the case, enjoy the color of street rebellion...
Lego Stone-Wall Filler: by Jan Vormann
Raining Color: via Street Art Utopia
Yarn Pot Hole Filler: by Juliana Santacruz Herrera
Fallen Trees as Colored Pencils: via Street Art Utopia

8 comments:

maria said...

Guerrillas are so fun!! We colored the trees of a very popular Reus street. We enjoyed a lot!! Here the links:
http://lesganxetesdelportia.blogspot.com/2010/11/la-guerrilla-ganxetera-al-carrer.html

http://marionesdetumi.blogspot.com/2010/11/ganxetes-power.html

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures!!I like the phone box and the big colour pencils!!
I enjoy a lot this colour moments in the street

nitecasesniteembarques.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

love their work..very sneaky!

sorbetsurprise said...

I love the idea of the pothole filler and the lego in the wall, but if I found those pencils somewhere I might just scream with the cuteness!

Andrea said...

Great pics! Great Art! I"m planning on participating in Yarn Bombing in my community on June 11th! I'm starting my crocheting! Join in the art!

Jenny Bolech said...

I loved these pictures - especially the colored pencils! This is exactly what I needed to put a smile on my face on a rather blah morning... Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I saw something today in after dropping my little brother off. A beautiful colored (spray paint) fire hydrant.

Kendra said...

That just made my day! I love guerrilla art! One of my favorites: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickgray/2434200018/