Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sharing: Some Halloween-Inspired Projects

I had a really, really hard time selecting the final 8 projects for this post.  There are a lot of fantastically creative Halloween projects out there--more than almost any other holiday, I think.   But I love all of these and do believe I have sufficiently regained my crafting mojo that I will likely get around to making some of these this time around--in particular, that doily turned spiderweb by Betz White, those fossil cookies from Martha, and I have been meaning to do that glow stick in a jar trick with Beeper all summer.  I also have a soft spot for those "boo" and "eeek" embroideries from Sweet Paul--they just seem so simple to make so why not just do it?  Okay, also I love that ghosty garland by Ginger and George that is endlessly customizable by you and the kiddies and it probably needs to happen one afternoon after school.

Here are the links to the projects and their clever makers, clockwise, from top left:

Happy Halloween Crafting, my pretties.

7 comments:

meg said...

I don't know if your boy is too big for baths, but we just threw some glow sticks in the tub and my kids had a blast!

Holly said...

Meg--Beeper still takes baths and sort of refuses to take a shower even though he completely could. Did you just put the entire stick in, or did you actually open them and dump the contents in the tub and make glow in the dark kids????

Unknown said...

I'm still ogling and drooling over your skeleton men! This is an excellent round up. Thanks.

PeaceMama said...

so fun! we had a great time making the embroidery hoops (see here: http://mamaforpeace.blogspot.com/2011/10/harvest-inspiration.html) and i wore a martha-inspired owl costume last year. (see here:http://mamaforpeace.blogspot.com/2010/11/halloween.html)

both are easy to adapt to materials on hand!!!

PeaceMama said...

whoops---here's the link for my martha-inspired owl costume. love all things owlie!!! http://mamaforpeace.blogspot.com/2010/11/halloween.html

Anonymous said...

Wooh, I'll definitely do the ghosts!
Thank you for digging it.

Anonymous said...

I thought those were embroidered boo and eek! Love them - so easy and adorable! Thanks for sharing!