Saturday, January 5, 2013

Baby Come Back

Dear Blog,
I just have to tell you that I miss you.  Loads.  I know it has been months and months since I have come around to see you, but I still think about you all the time--most every day, really.  You see, I decided (very unceremoniously) that I wanted to try my life without.  Just to see what that would be like--returning to what life was like before you were ever part of it, reclaiming those chunks of time previously devoted to editing photos, creating tutorials, logging new entries--but what I have found is that I miss you so very much.  I yearn for you every time I make something, see something beautiful, admire something that someone else has made--my heart pauses for a moment and aches for you.

There are so many new things I want to share with you still--my iPad and all the inspiring apps I have discovered (no, please don't think of this as cheating--the iPad and I have a different sort of relationship than you and I), things I am creating--and the things I want to share so others can make them too, all the lovely things other people are making, all the new recipes I have made and some of the amazing cookbooks I have found, Beeper's latest moment, the wonder of the later afternoon winter light, some of the changes Mr Beeper and I have found time to make to our home...I need someone to share all of these things with because you are the only one who cares about these very same things.  We just get each other in ways no one else does.

I always knew you were important to me, but I guess this time apart has made it clear exactly how much we are meant to be together.  I promise you that I will be around here more from now on--I hope you can forgive my rude and extended absence--but I know we have a future and I am looking forward to this new year--together.
Love,
H.

17 comments:

Margret said...

We missed you too! xx

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

We've also missed you Holly! Glad to read that you will be posting again :-)
Happy New Year!!!!!

CJ said...

Everyone needs a vacation to renew their spirit...glad your back.

sarah said...

if you love something, set it free. if it comes back, it was meant to be. ;)

Jacqui said...

Oh the blog missed you too! It will be lovely to have you around again :)

Unknown said...

Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww - lovely to hear you again - it's always sad when I look at you on my Google homepage and there's no new post - so a big Yippee that you are back with us - I missed you!

Angela said...

Yay! So glad you'll be around again.

Crafty Lou Louise McLaren said...

Yaaaayyyyy!

Syntax and Salt said...

YAY! SO excited to see you back, totally get that sometimes you just need a break.

Unknown said...

oh so glad you are back - you were missed:)

Monkey said...

Yippee! I'm so happy to hear you're coming back :-)

Holly said...

Thank you for all of your warm and kind welcome back comments. Glad to know all of the blog's readers have not bailed on me given the long silence around here. Whatever the case, it is really, really nice to hear from you all again.

Kate said...

Sooooo glad you're back. I've missed your posts. You've been such an inspiration for me. I only got 'into' crafting and sewing a couple of years ago, but the first thing I was inspired to make was your library bag for my son. Hope 2013 is marvellous for you.

Claudia/Ompompali said...

So happy to hear you're returning! Missed you badly and looking forward to all your interesting news! Greetings from Germany

Elle said...

Welcome back...!!!! I love your creations xxx

meg said...

you have been sorely missed. but yay! you're back!!