Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Toy Society Drop--A Beetle Bug

Just skidding in on the last day of May to make my monthly Toy Society drop (as part of my year long Toy Society commitment--read about that here, but only if you feel like it). This month I made this sweet and abstract little Beetle Bug by Carly Schwerdt of Nest Studio. Her pattern can be found in the fantastic book, Softies Only a Mother Could Love.
And this is where we made the drop--here at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, which happens to be about my favorite place in the whole city. Beeper actually picked the sculpture for us to hang it from--he chose Arikidea by Mark di Suvero. Of course, it is one of Beeper's favorites, owing to its hugeness and also that you can climb on board the wooden platform and sway on it.

And if you want to see all the other drops I've already made this year for The Toy Society, you can find those here. Only 7 more to go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beetle Bug is very cute. I just love stripy legs!