Friday, September 25, 2009

Aw shucks...

I guess I need to accept the Kreativ Blogger Award that Threaded Basil has sent my way. Gee. Do I have to give a speech? Because I hate public speaking. Anytime I have to speak in front of people my immediate impulse is to crawl under the nearest table, desk, podium, whatever--and deliver my speech from there. In fact, when I had my oral exams for all my senior work in college, I asked the array of professors before me if I could just sit under the table and address their questions from under there. Yeah, they didn't let me. And I have to admit the other thing I get uncomfortable with is public praise. It's the Minnesotan in me. We are not down with public praise here in the mid-northern reaches of the U.S. I mean, you do what you do and that is good enough, goll-darnit--you don't need anyone to point out how well you might be doing what you do. Anyway, all my issues, not yours...

I see there are rules I must abide by in accepting this award, but it does not, apparently involve public speaking afterall--juts public blogging, which I can do from the top of desk with no desire to crouch beneath it...so yeah...in accepting this award, let me share 7 things about me that you might not know:
  1. I once wrote about 300 pages of a novel...still lurking in the recesses of my laptop somewhere to this day...
  2. I plan to design a doll someday that is based on a Miro painting I saw in the Tate Modern
  3. It makes my day when I pull up alongside a schoolbus in the morning and I can wave to all the little kids looking out the windows and they all bunch up around the window willynilly and start goofily waving back at me
  4. I love to eat peanut butter on saltine crackers
  5. I sing to Neko Case at the top of my lungs when driving in my car
  6. I once had a job where I managed the man who would become my husband (and then one thing led to another, and you know how that goes...)
  7. I dream of owning some land in the far northern reaches of beautiful Minnesota and turning it into a camp for friends and family with tents on wooden platforms, an open air kitchen, and an old clawfoot tub set out under the sky where you can take a bath by the light of the moon...

And also, here are 7 blogs I highly recommend to all of you (which does not include those blogs I have lately been writing love notes on this blog--but to be clear, I still ADORE those blogs too...):

  1. Just Something I Made
  2. Art Nest
  3. Handmade Charlotte
  4. La Maison Boheme
  5. Tollipop
  6. Bluebird Baby
  7. Whisk Kid

And for those of you who I have just nominated and pointed out the uber-coolness of your blogs, well this is what you now need to do (unless you have already been tagged for this activity before, then I would add a clause that says you can gracefully decline...but it is all up to you, really):

  1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
  2. Copy the Kreativ Blogger logo and place it on your blog.
  3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
  4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
  5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
  6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
  7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

And finally, I would like to say thank you to dear Threaded Basil for being such a supporter of my blog and for making this moment possible. Really. Thank you. Goodnight everyone.

1 comment:

Sarah Greenman said...

Holly, Thank you so much for the mention! I've loved browsing through all your beautiful posts. I'll surely be back for more! Cheers - Sarah