Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Hello? Anyone out there still?

{Some of the Stuff that I am Making & Selling}
Hi.  It's me, Holly.  I'm still alive and making toys--just not blogging (says Professor Snape: Obviously.)  Well, who knows, maybe this next year will entail a return to blogging again--I do miss this space and this community and those of you who visited. Life has just gotten, well, busy and complicated.  Here's the deal...

I left my corporate job this past summer--or really, my department was restructured away.  Been unemployed now since June--and I am trying to work out what is next for me--and what I mean is, what I really want to be when I grow up.  It definitely involves this--designing and creating toys and other fun stuff.   It makes me so happy to do this--really, it is effortless and my mind just hums with ideas for new things to create at every hour of the day and night.  So, I am making more right now, putting lots in my Etsy shop, working on a proposal for a book of my designs...and trying to figure out how I can still contribute enough to the family bank account.  Damn money, always getting in the way of being who you are meant to be...
{Mangy Gators: Made from Recycled and Felted Wool Sweaters}
Anyway, here I am today.  Maybe I'll try to come back again next week and post something and ease back into it slowly because even as I am typing this I am getting a bit teary because it just feels good to be here.  I missed this place where I could always be who I have always been.

Alright then--so, I do want to share with whomever is still out there, that I am going to be at the No Coast Craft O'Rama at the Midtown Global Exchange in Minneapolis again this weekend:
Friday, Dec 2 from 3-8:00pm
Saturday, Dec 3 from 9-5:00pm
{Bitty Bebe with Fold Down Purse Bed}
For those not familiar, the No Coast sale is an annual holiday sale with over 100 artists and craftspeople hawking their amazing, cool, beautiful stuff.  This is not your mama's craft sale--it has a fantastic indie vibe going on.  You can learn more about it here:  No Coast Craft O'Rama

Personally, I have made so friggin much for this sale--I am not sure how I will even manage to display it all.  I have over 10 new designs I am introducing at the sale, and many, many old faves.  You can check out some of these new designs and the old faves in the photos here--or in my Etsy shop if you want more info or might like to do a little shopping-- but I have not had a chance to photograph and post all of it yet because I have been up to my nose in designing and making...
{Velveteen Underground Fox Plushie Made from  Recycled Wool Tweed Suit Jacket & Men's Shirts}
If you are one of the people who use Facebook (my own relationship is very on again/off again), I did launch a Beeper Bébé page a few weeks ago--find that here:  Beeper Bébé on Facebook
{Play Day Lego Accessories--Made from Reclaimed Lego Bits}
I guess I just want to say, if you're still stopping in, receiving this blog feed, or just coming past because you found me via Pinterest or something like that, thanks for visiting.  I hope we will see each other again--if not here, maybe even in person at the No Coast Craft O'Rama this weekend.

10 comments:

Julie O. said...

Welcome back! Your stuff looks great. Good luck this weekend.

Julie O. said...

Welcome back! Your stuff looks great.

Natétoile said...

Hello, I'm soooooo glad that you are back !!!!
I love all the stuffs that you do.
Sorry for my english, I'm french !

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Welcome back Holly!! I'm glad to read you again! All your toys are so beautiful! Good luck!

Heather K. said...

Welcome back!! And good luck with the 'new' venture!

ginny said...

It was a lovely surprise to see you here again. Hope you'll keep posting. Have missed you.

JakDeeandKids said...

So glad you were back ... Hope to see more of you in the new year!! I have missed your posts!!!

Unknown said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog and I'm happy to be able to uncover such gems. Thank you for documenting and teaching these adorable projects :)

smallhouselove said...

Oh Holly,
I am so glad you are back too!
I was just thinking of you and your sadly missed blog 2 nights ago when putting the finishing touches on a set of your bean bags for a little love in my life. All the kiddos in my world get the same first presents... a bunch of Big Butt Baby Pants from Made by Rae for a baby shower present, a drawstring bag full of your rainbow-order numbered bean bags for their first birthday, a backpack from Oliver&S Little things to Sew book for birthday #2, and an Nature Explorer Bag for birthday #3. I am nothing if not predictable. But hey, when my son opened the present that contained his very own Nature Explorer bag, he said "finally a explorer bag for me!". It is well-used and well-loved (and always full of pine needles).
Can't wait to see what you do in the future. Good luck.

Unknown said...

i'm still here and miss your blog! come back!

another mpls girl, iliah