Monday, April 13, 2009

April Toy Society Drop

Baby Binky Bunny number 2 dropped for The Toy Society? Check. And I was really SO happy to be able to drop this on Easter morning for some random person to find. So, there I was in the bathroomon Easter morning, brushing my teeth, listening to my boy in the background playing happily with the new toy animals the Easter Bunny left in his basket (yes already, they were a king cobra and an alligator--I can't help it if baby chicks and bunnies hold no interest for him) thinking, thinking, thinking about where I should drop the Baby Binky Bunny...someplace where people would show up, even though it is a holiday, someplace where someone would find it who needed to find something like this because their circustances might not be as fortunate as mine on Easter...and then I knew it had to be the Minneapolis Children's Hospital--which is not even 10 blocks away from my home. So, that's where it ended up--tied to a small tree with a pink ribbon, just outside the main doors.

And this is what I like to believe about The Toy Society and the toy drops overall--that the people who really needs to find these plushies, find them. Whether they need them because they are ill, alone, feel unliked, are blue, or are just having a hard day...I like to believe these are the people who find their way to wherever the toys are dropped. Drawn by some unknown force and all the good will sewn up inside these plushies. My own brand of plushie spirituality.

And about that Baby Binky Bunny...not my pattern. It was designed by mmmcrafts--you can buy your own pattern and lovely detailed instructions right here. Trust me, you will not regret making one. Tell Larissa Holly sent you.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

What an incredibly kind thing to do. I hope some good karma rebounds your way soon!

Larissa Holland said...

This is such a wonderful thing to do, and I feel honored you chose to use my pattern for the toy. Thanks for the plug, btw! You've inspired me to do a toy drop, it's been added to my (long) list.

Anna O'Reilly said...

Very cute and what a way to Pay it Forward! You go girl! I found you from Larissa's MMMCrafts blog.

Check mine out sometime at http://annaoreilly.blogspot.com

Anna

Anonymous said...

Great job! The bunny looks amazing :) I've heard about the Toy Society before and think i may look into it to drop off one of my dolls as well.

Holly said...

I am so glad to hear from all of you and the additional interest generated in The Toy Society. It is such a simple but wonderful idea--it has truly been a pleasure for me to participate in The Toy Society. Let me know if any of you make a drop yourselves...

Anonymous said...

I have been admiring that bunny pattern. I recently joined the ranks of the Toy Society. Whoever found your drop is certainly overjoyed.