Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beeper Birthday Invitation

Again with the snakes and lizards and alligators . But this is what Beeper has requested to have as a theme for his 5th birthday party--reptiles. And I have to admit, at first I was at a dead-standstill with ideas of what we could possibly do to create a reptile theme party. Gator wrestling? Snake handling? And what would the handful of poor pre-school girls who would be at the party think...Gross. what's up with the reptiles? But maybe that is just me projecting...

Actually, the ideas sort of took off once I had the image of what his birthday invite would look like--something E. Soule-ish. Hence, what you see above (not as good as Elizabeth Soule's work, of course, but inspired absolutely by her work)--the march of the reptiles (and a couple of amphibians) to the cupcake.
And I have to tell you that when I showed a copy of the completed invitation to Beeper, well, he got a ginormous grin, then suddenly looked very crabby and confused. So I asked him what was wrong, to which he whispered, "Mama, I don't think I want to give these away." I'll consider that success for now.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

What a fantastic idea. These are perfect. You are so clever.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Those are AWESOME! And what a great compliment!

Holly said...

Thank you both. I will have more to report from the front lines of planning for a reptile themed party, over the next couple of weeks...could be scary.

We Blog Artists said...

Such a great invite!
I love your blog...you're now on my blog list!
Char