Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Blog Banner

New blog banner alert. I was so sick of the old one I wanted to vomit everytime I saw it-- I mean, I love those Babies on a Stick but the photos was so moody and gray. So, in the interest of less stomach upset, I finally got around to swapping it up for something more colorful and happy. Thank goodness that is over with!

Here is the banner I chose not to use. I thought maybe it was too busy...what do you think? Should I have used this one as my banner, perhaps?Also, I realized while making the little plush letters in the banner (fabric scraps are brilliant for this, if you care) that one could insert little magnets between the layers of of fabric and batting and you would have colorful little plushie letter magnets...now I guess I will have to do a tutorial on how to do that at some point. I mean, they would make a lovely gift for some lucky little one (or just for you in the event you love the alphabet as much as I do and want your own set of plushie letters...). Next weekend perhaps?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the banner you used! The other one is adorable, too, but a bit busy, as you said. And I would love to see those letters in your shop! :o) Probably pretty labor-intensive, though?

Katie said...

Love the new banner! Yes, magnets in them would be awesome!

frutejuce said...

Yes! Magnets between the layers of fabric work well. It is how I make my felt fridge magnets.
I like both banners but I think you chose the right one. Nice.

Sunny said...

ooohhh... love the plushie letter magnet idea. Love also your new banner- so bright and cheery!

Holly said...

Gee, thanks everyone. The magnet tutorial may not happen this weekend but it will be around n the next couple of weeks--I actually have another tutorial I am finishing up right now on all the different cloth napkins I made this past summer...so look for that this week.

sarah said...

Hi! I've nominated you for a Kreativ Bloggers award: http://threadedbasil.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-awards.html

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Beautiful banner!! Yes, I prefer the one you have chosen. Good choice!!